Speaking for the SE
Speaking for the South East
One of SEEC’s key objectives is to represent and promote the views and interests of local government in the South East. We are the only organisation that speaks on behalf of all tiers of local government, with members covering county, unitary and district councils.
Links to recent briefings and cases made to Government are listed below. SEEC also highlights key issues to Ministers and MPs from our Data Dashboard which identifies key data and trends affecting the South East.
- MP special briefing: housing and infrastructure – SEEC briefing for MPs on measures that will help local authorities deliver more housing and infrastructure for the South East (March 2017)
- Chancellor’s Budget 2017 – Joint SEEC / SESL member briefing (March 2017)
- National Infrastructure Assessment: call for evidence – Joint SEEC and SESL response to the National Infrastructure Assessment call for evidence (Feb 2017)
- Tackling unimplemented planning permissions – SEEC / Mayor of London / London Councils / EELGA write to Housing Minister Gavin Barwell MP for help to speed up housing delivery (Jan 2017)
- Unlock the housing blockers – SEEC make the case for new powers to help councils speed up the delivery of housing and supporting infrastructure. (Jan 2017)
- Maximising economic value of transport gateways – Joint SEEC /SESL proposal for a House of Commons Select Committee investigation (Jan 2017)
- SEEC challenges analysis of IFS figures – SEEC challenges analysis that South East councils have avoided the brunt of spending cuts (Jan 2017)
- Delivering homes and infrastructure – SEEC write to Housing Minister Gavin Barwell MP with 5 proposals to help councils fund and deliver infrastructure to support housing growth (Jan 2017)