Speaking for the SE
Speaking for the South East
One of SEEC’s key objectives is to represent and promote the views and interests of local government in the South East. We are the only organisation that speaks on behalf of all tiers of local government, with members covering county, unitary and district councils.
Links to recent briefings and cases made to Government are listed below. SEEC also highlights key issues to Ministers and MPs from our Data Dashboard which identifies key data and trends affecting the South East.
- Call for funding support on migration - joint SEEC/SESPM letter to the Home Office (May 2013)
- The Queen’s speech 2013 - joint SEEC/SESL briefing note on the Queen’s speech and its implications for the South East (May 2013)
- Armed Forces Rebasing Plan - joint letter to Defence Secretary Philip Hammond from SEEC and SESL (April 2013)
- Casino licensing - SEEC letter to government supporting portability of casino licenses between local authority areas (April 2013)
- Chancellor’s budget - SEEC briefing (March 2013)
- EU structural funds - SEEC letter to government emphasising importance of funding post 2013 (March 2013)
- UK Power Networks – SEEC input to South East buisness plan (February 2013)
- Taylor review of Planning – SEEC response (January 2013)