Annual General Meeting of the All Party Parliamentary Group for the South East
Attendee Joining Note: Annual General Meeting of the All Party Parliamentary Group for the South East.
Thank you for agreeing to take part in the annual general meeting (AGM) for the All Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) for the South East.
With most local councils as our members South East Councils (SEC) seeks to provide a unified democratic voice on South East interests, with all main political parties represented on our Executive Board.
The APPG for the South East provides a forum for Parliamentarians to discuss, with others, how to promote and develop the South East region as a great place to live, work and do business.
The current focus of the group is what levelling up means for the South East of England, particularly in light of the Levelling Up and Regeneration Bill as it progresses through Parliament.
There are a total of 84 constituencies for the South East of England region:
- Conservative: 73 MPs
- Labour: 8 MPs
- Liberal Democrat: 2 MPs
- Green Party: 1 MP
31 members have government-related positions, while 6 members are Chairs of Parliamentary Select Committees.
South East England Councils will act as APPG Secretariat and liaise with the Office of the Member who will Chair the APPG. The current officers are:
- Sally-Ann Hart MP (Con; Hastings & Rye) [Chair]
- Stephen Morgan MP (Lab; Portsmouth North)
- James Sunderland MP (Con; Bracknell)
- Caroline Lucas MP (Green; Brighton Pavilion)
Other members, and peers, are welcome to act as Vice-Chairs.
When circumstances permit, it is intended that a meeting of the APPG be held once a quarter on a specific theme, with relevant speakers as required.
Wednesday’s meeting is the annual general meeting which must be held before the end of each reporting year to re-elect existing and welcome new officers to join the APPG. Under guidelines at least five parliamentarians must be present and the APPG must have at least four officers, of which at least one must be from the governing party and at least one from the main opposition party.
2. Attendance and apologies
3. Confirmation of Purpose:
- Chairs remarks
- "The All-Party Group for the South East will provide a forum for Parliamentarians to discuss, with others, how to maintain the South East region as a great place to live, work and do business.”
4. Confirmation of Purpose:
- Chair (and point of contact)
- Vice Chairs
5. Confirmation of Secretariat:
- South East Councils (SEC) www.secouncils.gov.uk
6. Member views on topics of potential interest
7. Any other business