Welcome for Government’s new exporter resource
The Kent & Medway FSB and South East Councils have welcomed the government’s new Export Support Service for businesses in the South East.
The government’s new one-to-one telephone and online service will give advice and support to exporters to Europe. It aims to provide guidance on rules of origin, professional qualifications, and entering new markets.
Tim Aker, the development manager for the Kent and Medway FSB, said,
“No two SMEs are alike, so a one-to-one service that offers tailor-made advice for small business exporters in the Southeast is very welcome. Bit by bit we are navigating our way out of the pandemic and this scheme will support SMEs as they grow and plan to export.”
Sean McKee, Director of South East Councils, said
“It is good to see dedicated resources to support local businesses in every borough, district and county to reach into numerous global markets that offer prospects for growth and success.
Notes to editors:
- The government’s Export Support Service can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/dedicated-hotline-and-online-service-launched-for-uk-exporters
- Sean McKee is available for interview on 07884252881
- With most local councils as members, SEC works in partnership to make the region a great place to live, work and do business www.secouncils.gov.uk. You can follow us on twitter @SECouncils
- SEC is a recognised cross-party regional grouping that cooperates with the Local Government Association (LGA).
- Tim Aker can be contacted on 07917 628911.
- As experts in business, FSB offers members a wide range of vital business services, including advice, financial expertise, support and a powerful voice in Government. Its aim is to help smaller businesses achieve their ambitions. More information is available at www.fsb.org.uk. You can follow us on twitter @fsb_policy.